Da Silva Legal Services Professional Corporation
Peterborough Personal Injury Lawyer
Access the best personal injury lawyer advice you need today!
Have you suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence or act of recklessness? You may actually qualify for compensation that will cater for the damages caused including medical bills, lost wages and property damages among others.
The Peterborough personal injury lawyers working with Da Silva Legal Services Professional Corporation have over 20 years of experience helping people to get the compensation that they deserve after sustaining serious injuries. To schedule a free and no-obligation consultation with our experienced accident injury attorneys today, come to our offices or give us a call if you are not able to make it and our dedicated car accident lawyers among other specialized professionals will come to you.
Why hire our Peterborough personal injury lawyers
Following an accident, struggling with the legal and insurance issues should be the last thing in your mind. However the process of filing for compensation needs to be initiated as soon as possible within the set time limits. It is for this reason that you need a professional personal injury lawyer in Peterborough to handle the legal aspects of your case as you focus on your recovery.
The process of seeking compensation right from evaluating the facts of the case, filing the case and litigation in case it goes to trial should be delegated to the professional personal injury lawyers who understand every step of the process, the tricks and tactics used by the defense team from the insurance company’s side as well as the defendant’s lawyers.
It is the duty of the hired personal injury attorney to establish or prove that the other party acted negligently or recklessly and as a result their actions contributed or caused your accident that resulted in various damages like torn tendons and ligaments, herniated disc, pain and suffering as well as medical bills among other things.
Protecting your claim
We understand that your well-being comes first above everything else in life. With the help of experienced personal injury lawyers Peterborough, your right to file a personal injury claim will be protected regardless of the fact you may not be in a position to follow up on the case yourself. In order to enhance the case, you are needed to play the following roles as the accident victim
- Seek medical advice immediately
- Keep all the medical records safe including the bills
- Follow the doctor’s orders and prescriptions to the later to avoid suspicion by the insurance company that you are trying to fake or exaggerate the consequences of the injuries sustained
- Do not give any recorded statement to your insurance company. In case they insist, refer them to your personal injury lawyer. Insurance adjusters are very smart people and may use your recorded statement to justify denying or reducing your claim.
- Never sign anything from your insurance company unless and when your Peterborough personal injury lawyer has reviewed it. Some rogue insurance company lawyers may trick you into signing what you do not understand just to realize later that you have signed away your legal rightsegal rights
Valuation of a claim
All personal injury claims are diverse and unique from one another. For this reason, there is no distinctive value of claim that can be picked without the help of an experienced Peterborough personal injury lawyer who will review all the details and facts about your case then try to negotiate with the insurance company to pay the highest compensation possible.
The value of compensation will thus put into consideration a number of aspects including;
- Medical cost including current medical bills like emergency room visit, ambulance fees and cost of medication as well as future medical costs including possible additional treatment, long term medications and physical therapy among others
- · Past and future lost income- this encompasses around limitations you face at work and a reduction of earning capacity as a consequence of the injuries sustained.
- Pain and suffering- these two may be difficult to get value however, if your experienced Peterborough personal injury lawyer is capable of arguing your case properly, then you can be sure you will be entitled to what is referred to as non-economic damages.
- Property damages including damages to various valuable gadgets like phones and laptops among others as recorded at the scene of accident.
Before accepting any offer given to you by an insurance company, it is advisable to speak to a personal injury lawyer to review the compensation and compare with the sustained injuries to determine if indeed the settlement amount is fair enough.
Consult a personal injury lawyer
A personal injury lawyer in Peterborough at Da Silva Legal Services Professional Corporation is always on standby to listen to your case, evaluate the facts and guide on the best course of action in pursuing the case to full and fair compensation you are entitled to. Our consultation is free, the same case with our contingency fee agreement where you will only pay once your case has been determined in your favor and a favorable compensation awarded.